Need Helping With Pricing For A Cupcake Tower

Baking By jem2131 Updated 19 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm by cylstrial

jem2131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jem2131 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 2

Hello all !! I am fairly new into the whole cake decorating.. I was just sent an email for a order ..It will be for a 4 year old lil girls birthday.. Her mother requested a cupcake tower.. It will be 70 cupcakes and 6 inch cake on top of the tower..
So my question is ... How much should i charge ? Also is it wrong to ask her if she will supply the cupcake stand ? I know how to make a cupcake stand so i'm not sure if i should suggest me making her one or ordering one online .. pleaseeeee help i am in desperate need of advice !!!!! Thank you all in advance

1 reply
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 2

After you talk to her about the pricing, just ask her if she is planning to supply the cupcake stand or if she wants to use one of yours. If she wants to use yours, then tell her that you require a $30 deposit (or whatever you want it to be) and that as long as the cupcake stand is returned in good condition, she will get her deposit back. Make sure that you have a contract!!!

As for pricing, there are so many prices out there. You should really sit down and make a price list. It will make your life a lot easier. Check with your local cupcake stores and see how much they are charging. That will give you an idea of what to charge. Is the cake fondant? Buttercream? What are the cupcake decorations going to be? Just icing? Or are there lots of details. Are you fiilling the cupcake with a fruit filling? There's so much to think about when pricing your cupcakes - not to mention the cost of ingredients, labor, and overhead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%