jenscreativity Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 8:28pm
post #1 of

Ok..so I got the cake pop decorating down( the pops aren't completly frozen when I dip btw( learned that also) and after I get done decorating, and they sit out for choc. to set up..BUT NOW,, once they sit at room temperature,,they start to crack and I'm not sure why?

I add a little bit of crisco to my melted choc. for the smooth dipping,,but is the crisco making them crack or what? Please let me know asap as I'm making them!

Thanks!

7 replies
jenscreativity Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:31pm
post #2 of

anyone please??

sweetie78 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:42pm
post #3 of

The cake pops are too cold. I had the same problem. They'll expand as they warm, and then the chocolate or candy melts will crack. Try putting them in the fridge for a bit instead. HTH. icon_smile.gif

ramie7224 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:45pm
post #4 of

I agree with Sweetie....Refridgerate, don't freeze. If you've already frozen them and they've cracked then wait until they've set up and dip them again.

humblecakes Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:09pm
post #5 of

I've made tons of cake pops and cake balls and even when I refrigerate them instead of freezing, they still end up cracking. I found that if you let them sit out a bit before dipping, they will be much less likely to crack. I no longer have decorate them just to cover all the cracks!

jenscreativity Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 12:13am
post #6 of

I do let them sit out for a little bit before dipping,,but they cracked at room temp over time..don't understand

motherofgrace Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 12:32am
post #7 of

ok another thing that causes this is the mixture being to wet. You want it to be firm, liek cookie dough

jenscreativity Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 7:20pm
post #8 of

ok,,yes, my pops are like cookie dough..thank you! So I made princess tiera cake pops,,and instead of freezing them,,I just refridgerated whole time..before and after dipping them. I think that worked,,because they didn't crack at all!! Thanks everybody..I think my problem has been resolved..GOOD thing I make extras in case these things happen,,as I have made cake pops several times before and always made extra luckily! My hubby loves the extra made!! lol..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%