Cake Pops Question..asap Please!

Sugar Work By jenscreativity Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 7:20pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 8

Ok..so I got the cake pop decorating down( the pops aren't completly frozen when I dip btw( learned that also) and after I get done decorating, and they sit out for choc. to set up..BUT NOW,, once they sit at room temperature,,they start to crack and I'm not sure why?

I add a little bit of crisco to my melted choc. for the smooth dipping,,but is the crisco making them crack or what? Please let me know asap as I'm making them!

Thanks!

7 replies
jenscreativity Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 8

anyone please??

sweetie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie78 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 8

The cake pops are too cold. I had the same problem. They'll expand as they warm, and then the chocolate or candy melts will crack. Try putting them in the fridge for a bit instead. HTH. icon_smile.gif

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with Sweetie....Refridgerate, don't freeze. If you've already frozen them and they've cracked then wait until they've set up and dip them again.

humblecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
humblecakes Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 8

I've made tons of cake pops and cake balls and even when I refrigerate them instead of freezing, they still end up cracking. I found that if you let them sit out a bit before dipping, they will be much less likely to crack. I no longer have decorate them just to cover all the cracks!

jenscreativity Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 12:13am
post #6 of 8

I do let them sit out for a little bit before dipping,,but they cracked at room temp over time..don't understand

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 12:32am
post #7 of 8

ok another thing that causes this is the mixture being to wet. You want it to be firm, liek cookie dough

jenscreativity Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 8

ok,,yes, my pops are like cookie dough..thank you! So I made princess tiera cake pops,,and instead of freezing them,,I just refridgerated whole time..before and after dipping them. I think that worked,,because they didn't crack at all!! Thanks everybody..I think my problem has been resolved..GOOD thing I make extras in case these things happen,,as I have made cake pops several times before and always made extra luckily! My hubby loves the extra made!! lol..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%