Amoretti Users?!

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 12:56am by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all!

A while back i got the Amoretti sample kit... LOVED what I have used... however i have only used things in frostings and such, so adding to taste.

I know the extracts and such are supposed to be concentrated... do you have issues firing how much to use?

Also I have a cake coming up where they have requested a raspberry puree kinda filling...This will be a decorated cake, and most likely will not be able to be in the fridge once i start decorating. I had thought about using something from Amoretti, maybe their "Raspberry Compound" would work? Have you done this? Do you just spread a thin layer? I'm just not sure the best way to use it with out doing too much or too little.

Any help is appreciated!

6 replies
russette80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
russette80 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 7

I just got some samples from them and have not used them yet, but I did just make a raspberry filled cake that had to be let out of the fridge. I used the the Raspberry icing frits added to buttercream (OMG yummy!) and the henry and henry Raspberry sleeve filling. put a thin layer of both between each layer and torte'd layer. This cake was soooo yummy and EVERYONE raved about how good it tasted.

CiNoRi Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:32am
post #3 of 7

That is a thought with the H&H fillings... I always forget about them. thanky!

Anyone have experience using thee products?

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:44am
post #4 of 7

I have used quite a few Amoretti products, my sister used to work for them. All of their compounds are shelf stable, so you can leave your cake out without a problem. The compounds are super concentrated, so I wouldn't use it as a filling itself. I add it to Bettercreame for a nummy mousse type filling. The swirls are meant to use at full strength or just swirled into something, so that would work. You should try their fondant, it is fantastic. I used to use it, but even with my sister's discount it was a little too pricey for my free cakes.

As for the amount to use, it is designed to be added per a weight ratio. I don't weigh my indredients, so I just eyeball and taste until I like it.

CiNoRi Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:54am
post #5 of 7

I didn't realize they did fondant. cool will check it out!

Thanks for clearing it up I had talked to oneone there a while back and they made it sound like i could use it as a filling... im so glad I checked here. I don't think she understood what i was looking for!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:55am
post #6 of 7

my raspberry filling is a jar of raspberry jam/preserves and a small box of raspberry jello ! I learned from someone of this site.

I just open a jar of jam and pour the jello powder in it.. put it in the microwave for a minute or so. until it is somewhat warmish... stir well. Then I put it in the fridg to set up... One of the best tips ever!!! Doesn't have to be in the fridg. Can do this with so many flavors!!

CiNoRi Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:56am
post #7 of 7

ooh that's cool
ill have to try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%