Karen421 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:34am
post #1 of

I dropped it!! Well, it might have actually been better if I dropped it all the way! icon_eek.gif

Ok â deep breath â I was going through the door to put the, nearly finished, cake back in fridge, when my elbow hit the door frame. So, I grab the top tier with both hands, and brought my knee up to brace the bottom. (BAD MOVE!) My knee impacted the board so hard â if it was a soccer ball it would have gone clear up in the air 30 feet! On the side I impacted â the bottom tier buckled, bad! This is (was) a topsy turvy, a perfect topsy turvy!! It was stable and level and I had used the SPS and âglueâ them in place with white chocolate. Now â UGH a mess!!! I have 6 hours to âfixâ this mess and get it up my driveway to the Bridal Shower! OK - getting more tissues!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

13 replies
pinkpiggie78 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:41am
post #2 of

This is one of my worst fears... sorry it happened to you.

BrindysBackyard Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:51am
post #3 of

i'm so sorry that happened!! Good luck fixing it!

miss_sweetstory Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:53am
post #4 of

Oh, crud monkeys! OK, deep breath, YOU CAN DO IT!

indydebi Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:21pm
post #5 of

Oh I feel for you! But keep in mind that you only have your WORST disaster just ONE time ..... all of the others are "not as bad". thumbs_up.gif

wiggler Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:29pm
post #6 of

So sorry this happened to you icon_sad.gif

luvbuttercream Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:47pm
post #7 of

Oh I am so sorry... I did this to my daughters b-day cake but I had no time to fix it. Get at 'er I am sure you can do it as much as it sucks cause you finished already. I look foreword to pics. Keep caking and remember to enjoy yourself more than anything!

Karen421 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:03am
post #8 of

I got the cake there and they loved it! icon_smile.gif But oh brother!!! I had to take everything off the top tier and wipe it down with Everclear, (I really needed to drink the Everclear!!!) Somehow when I grabbed the top tier I got ganache on it, but the Everclear took it off. I had just steamed it, so it was âgookyâand the Everclear took care of that also. (Gotta love vodka!! icon_lol.gif ) Made more hearts and re-did that tier. For the side that buckled, I put a big bow on it, but the bow broke, so I made a smaller bow, but the bow didn't dry in time, and sagged, so I made a large flower - like the little flowers, but it didn't dry and sagged also icon_cry.gif ~ so, about the time I was suppose to be there ~ I made a "flower" out of fondant, using the same lace pattern, I used on the hearts, then stuck the smaller part of the larger flower I had made, in the center, it worked, kinda. They loved it anyways, and I learn my lesson - watch where I am going, while carrying a cake!! I should say, this was for a bridal shower for my daughterâs very good friend. It was last minute, because she is in Medical School in Florida and decided to come home for Spring break.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1977966

icon_smile.gif

Vanessa7 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:24am
post #9 of

Nice job Karen! Can't tell the cake went through heck before getting there. So glad you were able to fix it. icon_smile.gif

pixiefuncakes Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:25am

What a great save!

CakeswLove Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:31am

This is what a TRUE cake artist can do icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

platinumlady Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:38am

Glad it worked out thumbs_up.gif

Terri66 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm

Hi, I feel your pain! I dropped a teapot cake intended for my 88 year old Granny's birthday party. So, I know exactly how you feel...its like dropping your favourite heirloom plate..its your baby!! I didn't have time to make another one..I was right outside the restaurant. Did you get it made in time for the party?????? Talk about stress hey?

sweetaudrey Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:50am

The cake looks amazing! You did a great job saving it! I love the glower and ribbon on the bottom tier! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%