Marble Cake .

Baking By topaz176 Updated 19 Mar 2011 , 3:52pm by Marianna46

topaz176 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 2:03am
post #1 of 6

Did anyone do 2 seperate batters and mix it in the same pan to get a marble effect ?
e.g. red velvet and vanilla.

5 replies
leily Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:15am
post #2 of 6

yes, that's how i do ALL of my marble cakes, even with white and chocolate. So far my two favorites are white and strawberry or chocolate and strawberry.

leah_s Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, that's how you make marble.

My fav - vanilla and orange.

elliespartycake Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 6

I usually make my yellow cake batter (vanilla) and then reserve 1/3 of the batter and add chocolate or cocoa (as recipe directs). I pour the yellow batter into the pans and then add the chocolate batter, swirls a knife through the batters to "marbelize". Bake as directed.

I have also seen a method that reserves 1/3 of the batter to add the chocolate/cocoa. Then the batter is added to the pan by first a thin layer of the yellow to cover the bottom of the pan. Then a thin layer of the chocolate to cover to within about 3/4 inch of the sides of the pan, then another layer of the yellow to about 1/2 inch of the edge of the chocolate...and so forth, alternating the batters in ever smaller circles. Do not mix or drag a knife through the batter once in the pan. Bake as directed. The resulting cake will have a zebra stripe effect when you cut it. It's a wonderful look.

topaz176 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliespartycake

I usually make my yellow cake batter (vanilla) and then reserve 1/3 of the batter and add chocolate or cocoa (as recipe directs). I pour the yellow batter into the pans and then add the chocolate batter, swirls a knife through the batters to "marbelize". Bake as directed.

This is exactly how I do it too. But this one will be mixed with a butter batter and oil batter.

Marianna46 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 6

Do you think this will make a difference? It might help to keep the batters from mixing, which would be all to the good in a marble cake, but on the other hand, it might make no difference at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%