Some Input On Names

Business By Dejasnow Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 6:40pm by carmijok

Dejasnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dejasnow Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 11

I am in the process of starting my home based cake business and im having the hardest time coming up with a name ! . I have thought of Crumley's Confections (its my last name) and even thought Sweet Lovin Cakes sounds good but i cant decide Any ideas would be great ! My business will be in Port Angeles Wa up in the northwest corner of washington icon_smile.gif

10 replies
malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 11

I think you should go with something about your last name. It's perfect for a cake business because of the word "crum". Like Crumley's Crumbs or Crumbs by Crumley. ?? This would also almost guarantee that no one else has the name all ready. icon_wink.gif

la_Torta_Dulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
la_Torta_Dulce Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 12:11am
post #3 of 11

Crumley's Crumbly Confections? Say that five times fast. I'm in the same boat. I've reached out to my FB friends because a lot of those folks have known me forever. They give good ideas but nothing makes me swoon lol. I agree with above, your last name works well. Good luck!

jayhova80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayhova80 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 12:17am
post #4 of 11

I think crumley's confections is a good name but I also like crumbs by crumley too

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 1:53am
post #5 of 11

I am in this process too. How about Crumley's Cakery?

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 7:12am
post #6 of 11

I live in WA and LOVE love LOVE Pt. Angeles icon_smile.gif I like the idea of using your last name in a catchy way-theres a famous bakery in NY thats called Crumbs though. So maybe Crumley's Cakes?
The Sweet Lovin' Cakes name sounds a bit like some thing else if ya know what I mean hehe

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 8:09am
post #7 of 11

Keep it simple. 'Crumley's Cakes'. Or even Crumley's Custom Cakes. If your business takes off you'll just be known as Crumley's anyway as in, 'I always get my cakes at Crumley's!
OR...(forgive me, it's late and I'm punchy)...what if you had your name Crumley...but for your logo, you use your name and a little 'b' inserted up between the m and the l. It's hard to describe and I doubt if this looks like what I mean, but something like this:

b
Crum^ley's.

Only cuter...I can't show on text what I mean. But your b could be at an angle and a different color. And Crumley's would be in a cute font.
OK...I'm going to bed now!

Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:04am
post #8 of 11

Totally LOVE Carmijok's idea.. you get a name and logo all in one!!

Dejasnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dejasnow Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 11:41pm
post #9 of 11

Carmijok i love that idea icon_smile.gif now to jsut think of how we can work the B into something cakey to work as a logo !

ECUmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ECUmom Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 4:54pm
post #10 of 11

I have to agree with the others, Carmijok nailed it! Great ideas!

I too am in the process of trying to decide on a name. I'd like to keep it incorporated with my farm. Since I bake my cakes with fresh eggs from my flock of hens, my son suggested "Farm Fresh Cakes". He also offered up "Fresh Laid Cakes" which I found hilarious but not usable. Anyone have any ideas? Im open to suggestions!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:40pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUmom

I have to agree with the others, Carmijok nailed it! Great ideas!

I too am in the process of trying to decide on a name. I'd like to keep it incorporated with my farm. Since I bake my cakes with fresh eggs from my flock of hens, my son suggested "Farm Fresh Cakes". He also offered up "Fresh Laid Cakes" which I found hilarious but not usable. Anyone have any ideas? Im open to suggestions!

I like Farm Fresh Cakes...or Bakery.
Or you could be the 'Farmer's Daughter Custom Cakes', (could make a cute logo)
Market Fresh Cakes.
( i don't know...I kept thinking of 'Egg-ceptionally Fresh' as a tag line, but then, it's probably a bit too much. )
Or you could be 'Ferme Fresco Cakes' (farm fresh in French)

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%