Questions On Rolled Buttercream

Decorating By kimmi1963 Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 3:02pm by mommakristin

kimmi1963 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 12:55am
post #1 of 4

Hi all I have looked some and still have a few questions. I am hoping that you can help me with. My niece wants a zebra print wedding cake this summer, but hates fondant. Can I use rolled buttercream instead of fondant? and how well will it color to black? Thanks to all in advanced.

3 replies
kimmi1963 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 4

Can nobody help answer some questions?

sweetflowers Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 4

yes, rolled buttercream will take the black and will work for zebra stripes. Remember, it is much softer than fondant so different to work with.

mommakristin Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 4

Just a thought but have you worked with the MMF? I always use it even though it's a lot of work to make. I have changed the minds of tons of people who HATE fondant. I had one couple adamant that they did NOT want fondant at all. Well they were getting married in their backyard in JULY.. Texas heat and buttercream do not mix well. So I ran them by a sample of the MMF and they instantly changed their minds and wanted the MMF instead. So that might be something to look in to.
I have never worked with the rolled buttercream but I am pretty sure that is totally different to work with considering how soft it will be!

Make sure you let us know how you did if you decide to use the rolled buttercream!

Quote by @%username% on %date%