Edible Image Printer Clogging...

Decorating By buttercuppie Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 2:07pm by buttercuppie

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 9

I have a cannon iP3600 printer that I use for edible images. I've used it all of 3x and 2 of those times I've had to do multiple nozzle checks in order to get it to print all the colors. Sometimes one color works and another doesn't...by the time I get the "non working" color going, another color goes down. This is extremely frustrating. It clogged the very first time I tried to use it...right out of the box!

If anyone can provide any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

8 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 9

All I can say is....good luck....that's why I now order mine instead of have my own printer. Had to eventually junk mine. thumbsdown.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 1:12am
post #3 of 9

Ditto to what Kitagrl says...I had my canon IP3600 and threw it out after 5 months as it clogged too...Worst investment yet of my cake decorating business...

buttercuppie Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 9

UGHH! icon_sad.gif

Okay good to know that it's not me. Seriously...what's the issue...if regular ink can print perfectly fine what's the deal with this.

I just got tired of ordering images all the time and sometimes it's hit or miss with how you receive the prints.

And you know how it is when last minute things come up...

Well...I finally got it to work last night but seriously...thank goodness I didn't break the bank on this purchase...if by the end of the ink I've broken even printing versus ordering I think I'll be okay.

Thanks again folks!!

Have a great weekend! icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 9

I found an awesome lady who prints gorgeous images.... in my recent photos there is a green tiered cake with images all over it....they are from her. She's also the most inexpensive one I've found as well, and super nice.

Here's her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DF-Designs/122635461080098

I spent hundreds trying to make my printer work and finally junked it. Never again!!!!! I can't possibly use enough images to keep it going because you have to be regularly printing stuff, and keep the ink flowing. I agree, worst investment of my baking career so far, not counting a few super bum advertising ventures.

buttercuppie Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the info...I'll definitely keep her in mind!

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 9

I have a ip3600 and you really need to print every couple days..once a week is not enought (in my experience) unfortunately I have become an expert at cleaning the printhead. After about a yr I had to buy a new print head. It has been a pain, but I make it work.

Regular ink jets clog as well as the edible ink if they are not used regularly.

Good luck..

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 2:06pm
post #8 of 9

I've had the same problems with mine!! That model got great reviews, so that's why I purchased it. First time printing was great....then it was all down hill from there.
My large black ink leaked somehow into my yellow and blue.....what a waste of tanks!!! I have no idea how that happened. I was told that I had to have taken them out or broke the seal. NO, I didn't.
I purchase all new ink cartridges and cleaned the head thoroughly several times as well as many deep clean cycles and the images just aren't the same. They are muted and dull now. I'm at a loss as what to do.

buttercuppie Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 2:07pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks! As I've been sitting here for the past 30 minutes...wasting my day and my ink I do agree that I'm going to have to print at least once a day in order to keep my sanity. Right now I'm under the gun and really feel like chucking this thing out the window...but then I may hit someone and that wouldn't be nice for them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%