Green Lantern

Decorating By cake4baby Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 7:14pm by Marianna46

cake4baby Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 2

looking for some advice on how to make a Green Lantern

I have been asked to make something similar to this using rkt instead of cake. It should be on the smaller side- 4in round top and bottom and 6in diameter ball in center.

I was wondering how would be best to keep the thing standing first of all - it has to travel 30mi.

i found battery opperated round led lights, but how would be best to adhere them to the cake? Have never used lights in a cake before - Was thinking cutting out an indention in the rkt to set the lightinto and maybe glue it in with edible glue?

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 reply
Marianna46 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 2

I'm afraid I can't help you with the lighting question, but I can tell you something about transporting it. If it's to be a cake topper, this might be a good idea anyway. Put a dowel or a skewer about halfway into the bottom of it (half the length of the dowel, that is) and stick the other half of the dowel/skewer into a piece of styrofoam large enough to keep the lantern from tipping over (maybe a piece that is 12" in diameter by 4-6" tall). You can stick that dowel right into the cake when the time comes, or if you don't need it, you can just cut it off at the base of the lantern.

Quote by @%username% on %date%