Refillable Printer Ink Tanks Question

Decorating By DeniseNH Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 6:00pm by icingimages

DeniseNH Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 5

For those of you using refillable tanks in your food color printers, have you ever run out of one color and filled the tank with airbrush color. Wonder if that would work. Has anyone tried this?

4 replies
Jess0214 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

I have tried this and it does not work well. It can clog the printhead. Your better off to stay with the edible inks and if you do not have any left and you only have a few prints to make you can take a syringe and a very small amount of water and insert it into the sponge section of your cartridge and then make your prints.

icingimages Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 12:18am
post #3 of 5

I don't know if you are Aware that our gold label series cartridges are refillable directly in the printer. Plus there is no sponge to hold on to your usable ink in the cartridges. You get to use 100 percent of the ink 100 percent of the time.

Jess0214 Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 5

I have been told that the sponged cartrdiges hold has much as the spongeless. Also, having the sponge also give you the option if you accidently forget to order you can get a few more prints from the ink that is in the sponge.

icingimages Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 5

Actually, it is physically impossible to put the same amount of ink in a cartridge that has a sponge taking up space in the cartridge. We ran tests in our office sponged vs non sponged and found that there was almost a 66% difference before you ran out of ink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%