Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Baking By kjskid Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 2:25pm by MariaK38

kjskid Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to learn how to make cone cupcakes. Some sites say to put batter in the cones and bake and some site say to put the batter in a muffin tin then put the cone on top (upside down). What do all you experts say is the best way? icon_smile.gif Thanks!

6 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 7

I've only done it 1 way - batter in the cone and they came out great. Just whatever you do, don't overfill the cone icon_smile.gif

cricket0616 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 7

I did it the other way. I place MM's in the bottom of the cone then stuffed with cupcakes I had baked separtately, added icing and done. My son had them prior to with MM's in the bottom and loved the special treat. Plus I was worried about the texture of the cone after the cupcakes had bake in them.

It is my understanding that it can be done either way. I think it is a preference thing.

Davwattie Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 7

Ive done them by putting cake mix straight into the cone(only half fill) and then bake as normal in the oven.

Kids love them.

LaurenLuLu Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:37am
post #5 of 7

It depends upon what you intend for the texture of your cone. The batter baked in the cone softens it a bit it to give almost a stale feel. Baking a cupcake and placing it in the top of the cone keeps the cone crisp.

LittleMonster Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:57am
post #6 of 7

I prefer to bake it right in the cone, and I fill it right to where the cup meets the cone (I hope that makes sense!) so that it just barely puffs out of the cone when it's finished. =]

MariaK38 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 7

I use the special pans that kupcake konz has, they're great! And they can be used for transporting them, too!

here's a link...

Quote by @%username% on %date%