Buttercream Help!

Baking By eatcake09 Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 2:37pm by SheriCakes4u

eatcake09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatcake09 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 2

I tried making a butte rcream frosting for a wedding cake in 2 days. It just turned out very runny; didn't seem like adding more powdered sugar was helping. I had a good recipe for a cream cheese frosting but I am worried about leaving the cake sit out with cream cheese. I am at the point where I don't know if I should just buy some out of the can, or from the local bakery, or try to make another batch. The cake is 4 tiered serving about 170. I need a plain butter cream for 3 layers of 8" white cake, chocolate butter cream for 3 layers of 14" chocolate cake and a caramel butter cream for 3 layers of 12" apple cinnamon cake. The biggest problem is I have been working full time this week so I haven't had as much spare time to work on this and I need to have it completely finished Friday night because I am in the wedding on Saturday. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks

1 reply
SheriCakes4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheriCakes4u Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 2

SugarShack's Buttercream is great! I also like Extra Special Buttercream posted by AuntBeesBaking (both recipes are on this website).

I have had light cream cheese make things runny, especially if it's near the use by date. I now only use Philadelphia cream cheese, the real deal. I do use the light (Neufatchel Cream Cheese) for baking, but never the fat free.

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%