Can Someone Help Please

Decorating By heroes Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm by sully112099

heroes Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:31am
post #1 of 7

On how to sugarpaste a number O please, feeling a little unconfident about this one, Karen x

6 replies
Nusi Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 11:06am
post #2 of 7

do u want it flat? then use cutters if u want it rounded then just use an extruder to extrode a tube then attach the ends and shape it the way u want....

LisaPeps Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 7

I believe she means a cake in the shape of a 0 right?

Maybe you could ask this persoon how they did it?

It's one of the best I've seen.

heroes Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:36am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Nusi and Lisa peps, Im sorry I didnt explain myself very clearly, I did mean the cake in the shape of a 0, thanks for the link I've just PM'ed the lady x

cakedout Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 7

Use an oval pan and cut out the center. that's what I always used to do.

No oval? Try a small square and a small round. Cut the round in half and place the half-rounds at either end of the square.

cheatize Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 2:53am
post #6 of 7

The OP wants to know how to cover it in fondant.

sully112099 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 7

Depends on the numbers you want or need. if it is a 1 you use a 9x12 and cut the 1 out of it. if it is a 0 you use a 8 inch round one and cut out a round in the middle. So for a 10 yr old you would need to make two cakes. some for some one 100 two cake mixes. 3 pans. if you know what I mean.

All depends on the numbers you need and that will depend on the amount of pans and cake mixes you will need.

do you have any idea how to make Watermelon Icing. need to make it for my Stepdaughters Bridal Shower, for the roses and around the Umbrella on the cake I am making. For that is the color of the gowns the girls are wearing.

I make all my icings from scratch and mix the food colorings to make the color I need. do you know what the few colors are I need to mix to get Watermelon. By any chance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%