I Am New From Ohio..

Baking By trish892 Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 2:16pm by Cupcations

trish892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trish892 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 4:51am
post #1 of 3

I have been lurking around the site for a few weeks now and figured it is time to jump in. I have been thinking about starting a cc business and you ladies have been wonderful with your information. I just have to ask what you are charging for cc? From reading the posts I see anywhere from $2 to $3 but I do not think anywhere here will pay that so I am concerned. I have called Wal-Mart and they are charging $6 for a dozen, I know that my cc are MUCH better but will customers pay more for "homemade things"

Thanks again for all the wonderful information, I love this site!!!

Trish

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 8:17am
post #2 of 3

Check online and try to find cupcake businesses there. Go to all area bakeries, buy their cupcakes, taste them, and compare them to yours. Also note the prices in each bakery. This should give you a base. If there are no cupcakes but Walmart, you are in a great spot. Try to assess the economy of your market compared to the average. If your area is having a slower recovery, go to the lower end, etc. Compare the right rate with your costs and make sure you can make a good wage.

Welcome to CC!!!!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 3

Welcome to CC!
Charging for you CCs really depends on where you live & what products you use in your CC
As SCP said check the prices around you, as a beginner you should have good prices but at the same time you shouldn't be loosing or paying from your own pocket.
I charge $2 to $3 for regular sized CC but I'm in Canada prices change from country to country even from city to city
Good luck with your new business thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%