Choco-Pan ......did I Get A Bad Batch??!!!

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 7:48pm by mimi1218

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:31am
post #1 of 3

I ordered a couple 4lb tubs of Choco-pan from GSA a few weeks back, when they were having a sale. I got Bright White and Black(top was cracked on black).
Today, I decided to test the White on a small dummy. I opened the tub....YUCK! the smell was so disgusting, I can't even describe it.
Then, I kneaded a handful of it and rolled it out. I found the fondant to be WAY too soft...even softer than MMF.
Anyway, I've heard so many people rave about the taste, I had to give it a try. It was hard to get past the smell, but I tasted a tiny pinch of the fondant. I almost SPIT IT OUT! It tasted the same way it smelled....NASTY!

What is going on here? Has anyone else experienced these problems?

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 3

I havaen't ordered any, but if I got something like that, I'd send it back right away! GSA and Choco-Pan need to know what's going on and if customers don't complain, how are they supposed to find out? Hope you didn't have any ill effects from tasting it!

mimi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 3

I have a 2lb tub in white.... it's is extremely soft, but it tastes good. I would contact the seller immediately and send them both back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%