In Need Of Some Help With This Cake...

Decorating By armywife1 Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 1:35am by imagenthatnj

armywife1 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 6

It looks like it's a sheet with some cut out cakes around it, but I need some insight as to what you guys think. My friend wants this for her daughter and she said she wanted a sheet cake carved into a butterfly. When she sent me this picture, it looked as though it were more involved. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
armywife1 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 6

Well, it didn't add the attachment. Let's try again... Hmmmm just tried a second time to add the picture, but still not going through. Any advice on getting the picture up?

Tor1985 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:10am
post #3 of 6

can you find it online?? if so post the link.

Or if you have a photobucket account you can upload pictures from your computer to photobucket and do it that way.

I've been having trouble attaching as well...
HTH

armywife1 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:43am
post #4 of 6

Ok, I posted it on my photobucket account. www.photobucket.com/cakehobby It's the butterfly cake that says Happy 2nd Birthday... on it

CWR41 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:23am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife1

It looks like it's a sheet with some cut out cakes around it, but I need some insight as to what you guys think.

I think you're right... looks like a carved sheet (or oval) with cut-out cakes around it. It's probably "less involved" to start with an oval rather than a sheet.

imagenthatnj Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6

I think it's just a butterfly carved out if a sheet cake. You could make a template and just carve it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%