Is Blue Bonnet A Margarine???

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 11:13pm by lilmissbakesalot

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 4

to go along w/ my other post..

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-712707.html

I am noticing no where on the stick or box does it say margarine, but in small print is talks about 56% vegetable spread.. is that the same thing as margarine. It is a stick and not a tub, like I know there are some tub"butters" that you can not bake w/ but they says it on the tub.

3 replies
sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 4

I think I found my answer... I hope they are not over hyping the product and you real bakers will agree w/ their statement. the website states this...

"Looking for the quality you need for baking at an affordable price? Try Blue Bonnet® Regular Sticksthey bake like butter for less than half the price, and without the cholesterol. For more than 60 years, families have trusted Blue Bonnet Regular Sticks to make their meals special. Today, more families choose Blue Bonnet Sticks than any other margarine/spread stick. Try Blue Bonnet Regular Sticks in 1-lb. and 2-lb. packages."

well it's all I got in the house and if my buttercream is too soft I think I can just add extra powder sugar to stiffen it up...

geezzz I never thought so much about margarine in my life I hardly know there is a difference in butter vs margarine I really never thought about diff type of "spreads"/ margarines

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 4

Blue Bonnet is a margarine.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 4

Yeah... you can make BC with the Blue Bonnet sticks... just don't use the stuff in the tubs there's too much water in them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%