Whats Your Favourite Flavour?

Decorating By fortheloveofcake1984 Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 6:35am by Corrie76

fortheloveofcake1984 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 8

Ok so i've hit a block im only a hobby baker and I haven't really done much in the way of different flavours.
as you may know from my previous posts my dad (who is amazing) and I are making the cake for MY WEDDING in oct!
Now Im looking for some insperation of different flavours to try for my wedding cake. I want something thats a bit different and a bit unusal (Kinda like me icon_redface.gif )
I know one of my tiers is going to be Carrott cake (mine and my H2Bs favourite) so im looking for two more interesting flavours

so please can you share with me "whats your favourite flavour?"

7 replies
leah_s Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:52am
post #2 of 8

Right now, I've been enjoying Princess.

pattycakesnj Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:09am
post #3 of 8

key lime pound cake with smbc or pina colada cake with pineapple cream cheese frosting

wiggler Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:11am
post #4 of 8

I have a recipe for a lemon cake filled with lemon curd buttercream if your interested , lots of fresh lemons . Its lovely icon_smile.gif

tigachu Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #5 of 8

I like strawberry or mango cake with lemon or mango curd mixed in to SMBC.

cownsj Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:36am
post #6 of 8

For an all around combination, my favorite is a pina colada..... vanilla cake, pineapple filling and coconut buttercream. YUM.

Or, for something a little different..... chocolate spice cake with dark or milk chocolate buttercream. delicious and I'll bet most people there will never have heard of it.

CookieD-oh Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:05am
post #7 of 8

My current favorite is coconut cake with lime curd filling and coconut cream buttercream. (No coconut flakes, just flavor...some people are weirded out by coconut flakes...)

Corrie76 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 6:35am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Or, for something a little different..... chocolate spice cake with dark or milk chocolate buttercream. delicious and I'll bet most people there will never have heard of it.

thumbs_up.gif That may be my next flavor to try....I used to go to this coffee shop that had a drink called the Mexican Mocha, I was so addicted to it and it was basically a cinnamon and spices flavor with chocolate...to die for!
I just ordered champagne flavoring from LorAnn and am going to give pink champagne WASC a whirl.., I'm planning on buying the cheapest and dryest champagne I can get my hands on...has anyone with experience in this cake flavor found that one champagne is better than another?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%