Help !!! How Do I Turn Mmf Into A St Patrick Green

Decorating By jem2131 Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 1:56am by AngelFood4

jem2131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jem2131 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 3

i am making a st patrick day hat cake for tomorrow.. I am dying the MMF fondant but its not a deep green.. It seems very light .. I am using wilton gel colors.. What can i do to make my fondant more green.. Please help !

2 replies
kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 3

I've heard people say that certain brands of colorings just won't get dark. I think this might be one of them.

It will deepen over night some and I think some people add just a touch of black but don't quote me on that.

I think you might need a different brand of coloring to make it the color you want.

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 1:56am
post #3 of 3

It may depend on the type of coloring you used. Some colors deepen overnight or over a day or 2 such as black and red. AmeriColor works the best for me in getting intense colors.

Next time, try making the MMF with green candy melts (5-6oz to 1 batch of MMF). You may only need to add a few drop of green coloring to it to get really green. I only use MMF and have some info on my blog about coloring it with candy melts:
http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/p/marshmallow-fondant-mmf-recipes.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%