White Molding Chocolate

Decorating By kimmills34 Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 8:54am by kimmills34

kimmills34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmills34 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 9

Just made white molding chocolate for the first time using golden syrup instead of light corn syrup. Can't find it here in England. Anyways since I've never used it or made it before I was wondering if anyone else has and if so how long does it normally take to dry and does it get hard?

8 replies
wiggler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wiggler Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 9

Hi , Im from Ireland . I managed to get corn syrup over the internet . Ive only made modelling chocolate once . It took quite a while to firm up. I think the best thing to do would be to put it in a freezer bag and leave it to firm up at room temperature overnight or at least for a few hours . Mine tasted fantastic but I found it difficult to work with. Very messy and melty . Good luck icon_smile.gif

kimmills34 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the fast reply. Made it last night n has been in the fridge since. . I've made some rattles for a baby shower cake this morning but the chocolate is still pretty soft. . I thought the chocolate would have hardened by now, guess I will give it till the end of the day tomorrow. Fingers crossed they harden a bit so I can paint them.

wiggler Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 9

Hope it goes well ! Im new to this and this CC has been fantastic for tips and ideas . Have a cake in the oven at the moment , its becoming a bit of an obsession !

kimmills34 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 9

I know what u mean, its all I think about. Its a very expensive hobby, Amazon has me on speed delivery. Lol. Even have my husband getting involved, while I'm @ work in the evenings he's baking the cakes so I can decorate them over the weekend. He's got the Cake Boss cake recipe down to perfection. Lightest cake I've ever had, that's saying a lot

meevmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meevmo Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmills34

Just made white molding chocolate for the first time using golden syrup instead of light corn syrup. Can't find it here in England. Anyways since I've never used it or made it before I was wondering if anyone else has and if so how long does it normally take to dry and does it get hard?

have you ever eatena tootsie roll candie? its like that or like playdough so store it tight

wiggler Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 9

[quote="kimmills34"]I know what u mean, its all I think about. Its a very expensive hobby, Amazon has me on speed delivery. Lol. Even have my husband getting involved, while I'm @ work in the evenings he's baking the cakes so I can decorate them over the weekend. He's got the cake recipe down to perfection. Lightest cake I've ever had, that's saying a lot[/quote]

I wish my husband was more involved ! All he is interested in is the tasting !

kimmills34 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 8:51am
post #8 of 9

Thanks Meevo,(? )Do u know if it gets any harder then a tootsie roll?

kimmills34 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 8:54am
post #9 of 9

Thanks Meevo,(? )Do u know if it gets any harder then a tootsie roll?

Ha ha. My husband just said to me last night, we have to stop making all these practice cakes. He said he's getting fat. Like a man with some meat on his bones. Lol.
Have u ever used those dummy cakes, just not the same.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%