Saw This, Thought I'd Share For Inspiration.

Decorating By RedRoxx Updated 26 Mar 2011 , 4:48am by shaibaer

RedRoxx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedRoxx Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 17

Sourcefreshcutrose

16 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 17

Cool. Kids especially would love this.
Thanks

Kristie925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristie925 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 17

I've seen a few like that and definitely want to try it out! Just need to find the right cake!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 17

Sorry for the hijack, but what I'd really like to know is how you got the photo into your post?! With the attachment option not operational, I have tried to copy and past pictures and couldn't get it to work!

Thanks!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:07am
post #5 of 17

Fun! Thanks for sharing!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:22am
post #6 of 17

I made one like that for my son's birthday last year. It was fun! The kids loved it.

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:46am
post #7 of 17

I Love making Rainbow cakes! They just cheer me up, so quickly!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 2:59am
post #8 of 17

I believe it's an img link. You can copy and paste it from Photobucket.

RedRoxx Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 5:34am
post #9 of 17

yep, you can copy and paste the img link from photobucket, or if you want to add a photo you don't have in photobucket (like this one) you do the img code

To do the img coding.....
Use a pair of square brackets -> [ ] with the img in them (no spaces) in the beginning, then copy and paste the images url (no space after the last bracket) then use another pair of square brackets [ ] but this time with /img in it. so it would look like this, but I put in the * so it won't actually code

[img*]http://www.cakejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/Chocolate-cake-bites1.jpg[/*img]

if you remove the * then you'll get the picture icon_smile.gif

But this is if the photo is already online. A quick way to throw a picture online if you don't have an online account, is tinypic.com

by_mommamee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
by_mommamee Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 5:45am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie925

I've seen a few like that and definitely want to try it out! Just need to find the right cake!

you can try this:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/rainbow-cake

i used it for my baby's cupcakes....

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm
post #11 of 17

Thanks cheatize and RedRoxx! Great information!

tami517a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tami517a Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 17

I made a rainbow cake just for fun and now that is what everone wants! It's fun to eat and so pretty. I swirl the colors together - more of a tie-dye effect. I've changed the colors to reflect the occasion like pastel for a baby shower or team or school colors. It's fun!

1-2few Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1-2few Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:39am
post #13 of 17

[quote="RedRoxx"]yep, you can copy and paste the img link from photobucket, or if you want to add a photo you don't have in photobucket (like this one) you do the img code

Sorry to continue this hyjack, but don't know when I'll get another opportunity to learn what you're all talking about here. What's "photobucket"? I think I follow your explanation of how to do the IMG thing when you have a link; great info there too. Thanks

RedRoxx Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:49am
post #14 of 17

[quote="1-2few"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoxx

yep, you can copy and paste the img link from photobucket, or if you want to add a photo you don't have in photobucket (like this one) you do the img code

Sorry to continue this hyjack, but don't know when I'll get another opportunity to learn what you're all talking about here. What's "photobucket"? I think I follow your explanation of how to do the IMG thing when you have a link; great info there too. Thanks

icon_biggrin.gif No problem. Photobucket is, in short, an online "hard drive" for you to store photos or use them to host the photos you want to put online. There are many other sources similar to photobucket, flicker, snapfish, and a few others.

You don't have to have them, but they are great for quickly sharing photos with others, as you can make them visible to others.

I know that photobucket in particular, will actually give you the full IMG code when you click on it (and, now it automatically places that code into your "copy clipboard") so it's a short cut to typing out the img url.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:04am
post #15 of 17

Really cute!

MustardSeed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustardSeed Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:37am
post #16 of 17

I like this idea. I am making a cake (he wants a WWE cake) for my grandson. He requested vanilla with vanilla buttercream and this would whow him when he cuts into it.

Thanks!

shaibaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaibaer Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 4:48am
post #17 of 17

It's super cute.... but I can just imagine how wired my 6 yr old would be after eating that much dye! *blech*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%