New Business

Business By sharon_tam1 Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 11:40am by sandeeb

sharon_tam1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon_tam1 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 3

I am starting a small cake shop & I need help!! What are some of the supplies that you could not do without? I have been working out of my home for a year, so I have some things. I have a small work space(12'x26'). I would be greatful for any help!!

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 3

Check with the health dept for even the small things like dry goods storage, paper towel holders, soap dispenser, trash can, etc. Your storage shelves will probably need to be six inches off the ground or on rollers. Material of storage shelves and tables is regulated also. It can be quite a list.

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 11:40am
post #3 of 3

I have a small cake shop and I started with a used convection oven and a 3 compartment sink. I pretty much bought cake pans as I needed the shapes and sizes. I would suggest that you start out by buying only things you need to have. I also had:
1- 12'' x 18'' x 2'' cake pan
1- 9'' x 13'' x 2'' cake pan and
maybe 1- 8'' round pan
1- 12'' round pan.
a small assortment of decorating tips and a few reuseable decorating bags.
I know this is minimal but it is what I started with. Of course I added many supplies as I went along.
You can PM me if you would like more information. My little shop has been successful and I have been doing this for 20+ years.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%