Cake Wanted But Not For Serving! Um, Ok...

Decorating By jewels710 Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm by jewels710

jewels710 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 7

I had a call for a quote on a "record player" cake.

1. Can I do it (Ability & Date)?
ME: "YES & YES"...
2. For how much?
ME, "Well, let me get a few details. First, How many will this cake need to serve"? To which the customer replied, "Oh, it doesn't matter, we prob won't serve it. We really just want something to present to the Birthday Boy"...This is where I became speechless and puzzled.

I have never had someone request a cake they were not going to eat.
Has this happened to anyone else?

6 replies
Sorelle Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 7

Ya, usually it is someone thinking "It must be a lot cheaper if we're not going to eat it." My response was "If you don't eat my cake you're crazy it's decadently evil"

indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 7

I'd love to know the rest of the menu!

"Pizza Hut? I need 4 pizzas. well, it doesn't matter what kind 'coz we're not going to eat them. Matter of fact, just send over some empty boxes that I can sit on the table." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jewels710 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 7

She is serious.
I quoated her full price (eating it or not) and she accepted.
Just weird for me!

And FYI...I could NEVER order pizza and not eat it! LOL

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 7

Twice I have had people order a small detailed first birthday cake for a first birthday photo shoot and I have had people order smaller 3D centerpiece cakes for "looks" while they get sheet cakes to serve. I think they are nuts, but its thier money and they are welcome to waste it if thet like

lissacarol Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 7

maybe she meant she was going send it home with the birthday person????????

jewels710 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 7

She wants it about the size of a large pizza box...that's a lot of servings to not get eaten or to be eaten by only a few people!

Quote by @%username% on %date%