I am working on project and I just opened a container of Duff's fondant (bought it with a coupon from Michael's) and it is rock hard. It says to put it in the microwave on 3 but I don't have a microwave.
Any other suggestions? Any comments would be greatly appreciated
Keep it in the bag and cover it with a wet towel that has been soaked in boiling water. hth
Well the purpose of using a microwave to warm it up is that it warms kind of from the center out very quickly. So you can avoid melting or uneven heating if you're careful. Whereas in an over or any other heater, the heat has to travel from the outside to the center slowly. So by the time the center is warmed, the outsides are melted.
So, my suggestion would be , if you have an electric oven, to slice the fondant into steaks, lay them on a cookie paper towel lined cookie sheet, place it in the oven. AFTER it is in the oven, turn your oven to the lowest possible setting, leave the door ajar and check it every minute to see if it's loosened up. If you have a gas oven, put them in with just the pilot light on.
Being thin steaks you'll be able to heat through quickly. The paper towels are non-heat conductive, so they won't be too warm like a bare cookie sheet could get.
aquamom, That happen to me once and I did put it in the microwave and it was fine, never tried what sorelle said, have to remember that if my microwave ever goes Thanks
Yes i microwave also..checking every 15 seconds.