Cupcakes For Wedding - Amount Compared To Those Attending

Baking By candice3008 Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 10:26am by indydebi

candice3008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candice3008 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing cupcakes for a friend for her wedding. I was wondering if you usually do say 100 cupcakes for 100 people or if you can get away with a percentage? Ie 80 cupcakes for 100 people? any suggestions would be very helpful!

4 replies
malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 5

I would say 100 cupcakes for 100 people. Some won't have any but some will have two or even three. So an even amount should factor out ok.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

I do one for every guest. If they have 100 confirmed then 100. If they invited 100 then you can do less. You can count on about 70% of your invited guests to attend the wedding.

icon_smile.gif

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:06am
post #4 of 5

I second Malene's suggestion

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:26am
post #5 of 5

When it comes to cupcakes, i would talk with the bride and get a number from HER. What is the family like? How do they normally behave around 'free food'?

In my observations ......

- People are more comfortable taking 2 cupcakes (usually thought of as a 'casual' food) than they would be taking 2 pieces of cake on a plate. Somehow eating 2 cupcakes doesn't seem "piggish" but eating 2 slices of cake does.

- If there are multiple flavors, people are more comfortable "trying" more than one flavor in cupcake form.

- Mothers, who would normally tell little Johnny, "You're not getting more until you eat that first slice of cake!" will shrug their shoulders and say, "Oh if you don't like the carrot cake cupcake, then just go get a chocolate one. Here, throw this one in the trash on your way."

- Its REAL easy to pick up a cupcake when you're ready to leave so you can have one on the ride home or when you get home. can't pick up a slice of cake-on-a-plate and stuff that in your purse.

So I encouraged brides to buy more cupcake servings than they would regular cake servings. But also note this was after a good conversation about their obsrevations about their family's behavior (at other weddings; at family reunions; etc.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%