Computer Program To Use With The Cricut Cake

Lounge By cabecakes Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 5:27pm by tiggy2

cabecakes Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 7

I'm sorry I know this was brought up on CC before, but I can't find it anywhere in the forums.

There was a discussion recently about a program for you computer that you could use with the Cricut Cake, and it wouldn't require the use of any of the cartridges.

Could someone please tell me what the name of this program is, and what other equipment (if any) you would need to do this.

Thanks a million, in advance.

6 replies
myslady Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:10am
post #2 of 7

The only computer programs I have heard of are make the cut, SCAL (sure cuts a lot) and design studio. I think I read that you have to load the cartridges on design studio for it to cut out the files.

cabecakes Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks myslady. I found the sure cuts a lot. It was the make the cut I couldn't remember. This was helpful. Thanks again.

myslady Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 7

You're welcome.

cheatize Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 1:24am
post #5 of 7

Cabecakes, which one are you going to get? Joann's finally had the mini back in stock online so I quickly ordered one. Now I have to decide which program to purchase. The info I read was so long ago, I hardly remember anything other than MTC is more user friendly.

cheatize Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:38am
post #6 of 7

Heads up: looks like you can't get MTC now and if you want SCAL you need to get it ASAP.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-712362-.html

tiggy2 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 7

Since the lawsuit MTC no longer works with the cricut and SCAL is next to be sued. I suggest getting a silhouette from Linda McClure so you get the gumpaste blade. I have it and it's awsome! She also has DVDs that take show you step by step instructions. Check out her youtube videos http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=silhouette%20%20electronic%20cutter&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%