Bright Pink Sugar Flowers - Help With Colour Please

Decorating By allaboutcakeuk Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 4:54pm by jenng1482

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 7

Hi i'm trying to do bright pink sugar gerberas The ribbon is really shiny cerise pink but can't seem to match it perfectly. any ideas anyone? i'm in the uk and have sugarflair paste colours. done some flower paste with the pink and its bright but not quite that glaring cerise. will it matter if it doesn't match exactly the ribbon?

thank you icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 7

Would steaming your flowers alter the color and give them the same shine as the ribbon?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 7

Steaming will definitely add a shine thumbs_up.gif

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 7

if it's a matter of the color not being bright enough, the wilton Rose Pink color in the gels makes an almost neon pink color. and then steaming the flowers will add shine.

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:41am
post #5 of 7

thanks everyone for your help. I tried the rose from Squires but didn't have the same effect and don't have the Wilton but will check that out to try and get some. Thanks for the idea of steaming didn't think of that in my moment of pink madness!

thank you icon_smile.gif

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 7

allaboutcakeuk, i would suggest using a petal or luster dust in a darker shade to deepen it. perhaps super red or magenta. when i make flowers, i always start with a lighter dough and then add color with petal or luster dust.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 7

Wilton Rose is quite possibly my fav color. The middle tier is Wilton Rose on the attached cake. It buttercream however
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1742803

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%