Looking For Specific Book

Decorating By msdi Updated 22 Mar 2011 , 7:38pm by infinitsky

msdi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdi Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 4

I have looking for an old recipe?/decorating book published in the eighties or late seventies. It was hard cover approximately 12 x 14, glossy, full color and most of the cakes were marzipan covered and very beautiful. I believe it was English. The cake I am looking for has "A Teddy Bear Picnic" with the bears lounging on towels, in bathing suits, sunglasses, etc.

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 4

I have found all of my families' old recipes online. But I have a photographic memory and could search the exact name of the book or the recipe name. Without that, it is hard. Any pieces of the names may help.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 4

Hello,
I don't know how quick you need this book but I think I have that one. My daughter was always buying me specialty books and I remember the teddy bear picnic one, because when growing up taking tap lessions we had to dance to the song teddy bear picnic (dating myself here!). So I remeber thinking about the dancing when looking at the cake theme.
If you still need it I will look for it and we can work out getting it to you. I have hundreds of cake books and magazines and cookbooks so it might take me a little while to find the bin that this one is kept in. I try to keep them by theme.
have a good day
LeeAnne

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%