I Need To Design A Cake Based On This

Decorating By chocolatestone Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 8:16pm by chocolatestone

7 replies
Ursula40 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 8

google hollywood or red carpet cakes, there are so many ideas around, if you have a pic of the invite, should be easier as well

chocolatestone Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks. I have updated the post to include a link to the invite.

Alfiesmom Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 8

I would definitely use the quilting pattern on the invite as a guide and incorporate silver (more than black)

jamiekwebb Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 8

Maybe instead of silver stars you do silver crowns, like the one on the invite.

lutie Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatestone

Its the invite that was used for a VIP themed 21st party. The customer wants a red carpet cake and wants me to base the design of the cake on the invitation. Could somebody please help me with ideas. I was thinking of doing a black cake with a red carpet and silver stars don't know if that's okay.

Here is the invite:
http:[email protected]/5529327596/

Unless you are extremely, extremely, extremely good with black fondant, it will not come out like you have in your mind...I see a red fondant cake in the shape of the spiral in the invitation that is quilted with the scroll going all around the spiraled cake in silver and silver dragees in the quilting design (would also be easier to cut in a spiral shape)...then I would have the cake board covered with black royal icing (with a silver ribbon with an embossed black "VIP" or black crown) on the cake board.

That is my vision of your invitation...Hope it gives you a different perspective...

cfpeoples Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 8

I agree....use a quilting tool for the quilted pattern. You could put silver Dragees where the lines intersect. You could put a crown on top (like the tiaras you see on here) You could make a cut-out "21" to match the font used. When i'm stuck i start drawing and then kind of see what i come up with. i've had to do them based on invites before. Sometimes it can be tricky.
Good Luck

chocolatestone Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the suggestions. It has given me something to think about icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%