Sloss' Furnace Cake?

Decorating By kweenofengland Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 10:48pm by warchild

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 3:22am
post #1 of 3

My son is turning 8 on Sunday! I wanted to surprise him with his cake. He is all into ghosts and Goosebumps books and he saw Ghost Adventures episode about Sloss' Furnace in Birmingham, AL. We are just north of Bham about 45 miles. One day we took him on a tour. It is an old metal production factory where many men actually lost their lives working in harsh conditions or in machinery. Story has it that Slag (a mean factory manager) haunts the place because someone pushed him from a tower. My son was so excited to go on this tour. so i really wanted to do a cake for him that was Sloss' furnace and add in some ghostly figures, eyes, etc. the actual towers and buildings, and pipes are way to much for me to try and build. any ideas on how to create a cake that represents Sloss furnace without building towers? i will attach some photos of Sloss' furnace identifying towers so you can see what i mean. you can also google sloss furnace if you arent familiar with it. I really want this cake to be special. my kids are my greatest legacy and i want to give them as much in a cake as i would do for a stranger and more!

2 replies
kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 3:31am
post #2 of 3

cant get the pics to upload? humm. well here is the website:
http://www.slossfurnaces.com/

I found it easiest to just google sloss furnace images.

Thanks for your help!

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 3

You have two posts on the same subject. There is a reply on your first post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%