Recipe Ideas For This Cake

Baking By dixiedarlin79 Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 10:12pm by dixiedarlin79

dixiedarlin79 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 4

I'm going to make a cake for a friend....the beer bucket cake...this summer for his birthday. His beer is Bud Light Lime and with it being summer I was thinking something tropical. Maybe a Key Lime Cake with Coconut frosting or vise versa? Since the beer is lime I was gonna try and incorporate that into the cake. Any recipe ideas or flavor combos that have worked for any of you guys would be much appreciated! I've never had a key lime cake so I'm just scared but I do want to try new things!

3 replies
kc03 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 4

Here is a thread that has a ton of flavor combo's in it. There is a recipe for a key lime cake with a cheesecake filling that may work for you.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html
If you have plenty of time before the cake is due just start baking and tasting. I use my kids as guinea pigs all the time..nothing like youth for honesty

cakeyouverymuch Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 4

If you wanted to incorporate the beer into the cake, you might find a champagne cake recipe and switch out the champagne with the beer. You could kick up the lime flavor with a bit of lime juice and some lime zest and go with a lime curd or custard for the filling and if you want to incorporate the coconut for a tropical feel you could use that for the frosting.

Not being a beer drinker myself I'm not sure how those flavors would work together (the lime and the beer are sure to work, I'm just not sure about the coconut), but as kc03 points out you've got plenty of time between now and summer to experiment till you get the perfect flavor combination.

dixiedarlin79 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

Excellent! Thanks guys and thanks for the link! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%