Wilton Class 1 Today

Decorating By kneenah Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 7:51pm by cownsj

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 8

Sooooo excited my first Wilton Class is today.. in 3hrs... I am about to leave work now to run home and get ready..lol.. Ill update everyone once my class is done.. excited..

7 replies
joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 8

Hope you have fun at your class! I enjoyed all three of my Wilton classes. Keep caking. icon_biggrin.gif

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:32am
post #3 of 8

Hope you enjoyed your class! I took 1 & 2 but haven't gotten around to 3 yet. Have fun!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:47am
post #4 of 8

My husband and I took all 4 classes together. We had soooo much fun. The very first cake he ever baked in his life was the for his first Wilton class. Enjoy it, it gets more fun as you go.

kneenah Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:59am
post #5 of 8

thanks everyone... I really enjoyed it.. My teacher is very nice and has been a wilton teacher for 15yrs. today we learned how to prep out piping bags, she explained a few tips and what kind of designs u can use with them. We did a few designs with the 8 tip.. She also showed us how to make buttercream icing.. For homework we have to bring 1POUND OF THIN ICING 1 POUND OF MEDIUM ICING AND 1 TWO LAYER CAKE UNFROSTED... I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT CLASS. ITS ON THURSDAY....

cownsj Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneenah

thanks everyone... I really enjoyed it.. My teacher is very nice and has been a wilton teacher for 15yrs. today we learned how to prep out piping bags, she explained a few tips and what kind of designs u can use with them. We did a few designs with the 8 tip.. She also showed us how to make buttercream icing.. For homework we have to bring 1POUND OF THIN ICING 1 POUND OF MEDIUM ICING AND 1 TWO LAYER CAKE UNFROSTED... I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT CLASS. ITS ON THURSDAY....

Doesn't it feel like you're a kid again getting ready for the first day of school? It's so much fun. How many do you have in your class?

kneenah Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 7:43pm
post #7 of 8

It sure did feel like i was a kid again.. ESP that there is always that one or two ppl that are loud and anyoning :0/ BUT ignoring those two my class has 15 woman and 1 15yr old boy who is really good.. Its funny because i was prepared with all my supplies and we didnt even need to bring them all today.. yikes i am such a dork..lol

cownsj Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 8

We all brought our supplies on the first night of class too, so don't feel alone there. Our class had 14 women, and my husband. And he only took the class because a friend of mine and I had been trying to go together for several years and something always got in the way. Then one day we were in AC Moore and he saw the sign for the classes, half off and he offered to take them with me. 10 minutes into the class I turned to look at him and he had a look of "Oh my God, what did I do?".... lol By the end of class I could see the gears already turning in his head, and he was hooked. He kept asking if there was anyway there could be another class after we finished our 4th one.... lol He fell in love with it and has really done fantastic. He was so anxious to get into the fondant, he couldn't even wait for our first class, he made Debbie Brown's bugs bunny cake coming out of the carrot pile two days before that class. And I think he made bugs look exactly like bugs. (I'm so jealous.... but don't tell him).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%