Bakers In Florida

Decorating By dst10spr97 Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm by SweetTs

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone direct me to a link with the information on how to start up legally in Florida with a commercial kitchen? I tried the search but I can't get anything to come up. Thanks a bunch.

7 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 8
emilyc262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyc262 Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 8

In FL bakeries are inspected by the department of agriculture. On their website there is a document that lists all the requirements for a bakery to pass inspection. Lots of sinks!

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 8

The cottage law bill was just heard in committee, next the senate and finally the Governor. The bill is attached for you to read. You can follow the action being taken on this bill on the house of representatives website; http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/default.aspx

Go to Committees, then to Business and Consumer Affairs, on the right hand side go to proposed committee bills (PBC) there you will find the bill that I attached. On this page you can watch as the bill progresses.

Florida bakers please email the State Senate to let them know how important it is that they pass this bill, once they pass it, it goes to the Governor.

It would be great if Florida is the next state with The Cottage Food Act.

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 8

Tried to attache the Florida Bill, not sure what happened!

SweetTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTs Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebasedbaking

The cottage law bill was just heard in committee, next the senate and finally the Governor. The bill is attached for you to read. You can follow the action being taken on this bill on the house of representatives website; http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/default.aspx

Go to Committees, then to Business and Consumer Affairs, on the right hand side go to proposed committee bills (PBC) there you will find the bill that I attached. On this page you can watch as the bill progresses.

Florida bakers please email the State Senate to let them know how important it is that they pass this bill, once they pass it, it goes to the Governor.

It would be great if Florida is the next state with The Cottage Food Act.

Thank you so much for all your work in this area! Emailing my senator tonight to let him now how much we need this bill passed.

KrazyAboutCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyAboutCake Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 8

I want to thank everyone that wrote to their State Representative. I could not have done this alone and each and everyone of you should give yourself a pat on the back. Things happen in numbers and we are on our way to be able to have a home based business.

Denay thank you for posting my email here on the CC. I have been so busy that I was unable to post the GREAT news that the bill is moving forward. According to the latest update House Representative Bovo requested we take a food safety course. If anyone would like to see the bill you can email me at [email protected]

Happy Baking
Barbara

SweetTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTs Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 8

Barbara, thank you so so much for all your hard work! I was able to find the bill online and take a look at it, I'm not sure I really "get" all of it with the legal jargon, lol. Thanks for the update, I'll be keeping an interested eye on this to see how it does!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%