For My Sister

Decorating By cakeaholic_cakery Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 12:28am by cakeaholic_cakery

cakeaholic_cakery Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 4

I will just start off by prefacing this post with how drastically different my sister and my own personality's are which is why I am having such a hard time coming up with this cake design...

My older sister's birthday is coming up and I was hoping to have free reign over the design of her cake... I would love to do a more feminine design possibly incorporating some "couture" into it with the ruffly flowers/fabric look... however, when compiling a list of her favorites, I just don't see how that is possible if I intend to keep the design about her... I definitely don't intend on incorporating all of 'her favorites' into her birthday cake but I certainly want to incorporate one or two of her favorite things in to it... any ideas?

Here are her "favorites":
* metallic blue (she also likes maroon or deep purples)
* sunflowers
* gardening
* white tigers (? don't ask me)
* brave heart (the movie)
* chocolate/strawberries (cake/filling flavors - easy)

Thanks so much!

3 replies
aztomcat Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 6:12am
post #2 of 4

I am picturing a carved metallic blue or purple vase with huge sunflowers coming out of it. Maybe sitting on a flat cake that is trimmed with the grass tip along the bottom with tiny sunflowers growing, maybe a tiny hoe, rake or watering can here and there. elegant and themed at the same time.

good luck,

Dee in AZ

cakesrock Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 2:15am
post #3 of 4

I am picturing one of those cute little garden cakes (this one was in my faves) with sunflowers. Here are a couple more ideas:
And Choc cake with strawberry mousse filling, of course. I would also use a choc ganache under your fondant instead of BC.

cakeaholic_cakery Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 12:28am
post #4 of 4

Thanks you guys - I think the flood gates are starting to open... just had a fit of "decorator's" block - This really helps thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%