Tips On Transporting Large Number Of Cake Balls?

Decorating By karabeal Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 2:11pm by Dayti

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 6:23am
post #1 of 2

I'm making several hundred cake balls for a baby shower and they need to travel several hours (4-5) from me to the event. I can wait and put them in their pretty boxes for each guest until after the cake balls arrive at the event, or I could box them up before the trip.

What do you think . . .

Is it better to keep them out of their individual boxes and in a cooler for the trip? If so, do any of you have suggestions on how to handle/package this size quantity for travel?

Or is it better to box them into their pretty portion boxes at the outset so that they travel protected from being squashed or rubbing against too many other balls? But I wouldn't be able to keep them in a cooler because the extra size added by the individual boxes.

1 reply
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 2

If it were me I would package them before the trip into their final presentation boxes, simply because I think it would take a while to do it for several hundred.

Why do you need to keep them in a cooler? Can't you just have the AC on in your delivery vehicle?

If you must use a cooler because for some reason you have used something perishable, then tightly packing them in pizza delivery boxes could be an option for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%