Can I Freeze Curd?

Baking By zespri Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm by Kitagrl

zespri Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 4:39am
post #1 of 8

My parents have given me a big bag of passionfruit, and I thought I'd try making passionfruit curd with it. But I don't know when I'll get a chance to use it, certainly not within the next few weeks.

Can I freeze curd? I know I could freeze the passionfruit pulp instead, but I'd rather make the curd now and freeze it, so it's ready to go when I need it.

7 replies
myslady Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 7:50am
post #2 of 8

I have frozen lemon curd with out any issues. I like to eat it frozen though.

You may be able to freeze it, but I don't know how it would be over an extended period of time frozen.

PattyT Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 10:45am
post #3 of 8

Both are a good idea to take advantage of extra fruit. I've frozen all kinds of fruit curds successfully, and have often frozen fruit purees ....though I've never personally frozen passion fruit.

scp1127 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 8

What about freezing the chunks?

splymale Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 8

Can you freeze the juice of any citrus, like key limes, limes or lemons as well?

icer101 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 8

I found this and am glad. i want to make some also.

zespri Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 8

That's so funny, because I found loads of recipes on passionfruit curd and decided to go with this exact one! I like that it's from a local cafe right here in my city.

Originally Posted by icer101

I found this and am glad. i want to make some also.

Kitagrl Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 8

I made lime curd and froze it for future tastings but I wasn't real pleased with the flavor after it was frozen...but maybe it was just that particular recipe, I dunno.

Quote by @%username% on %date%