Stand Up Mixers?

Decorating By cakeRocket Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 3:43am by cakeRocket

cakeRocket Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:11am
post #1 of 11

I have been using a Ktchen Aid Artisan mixer (325watt) for the last year and am starting to notice that i can't seem to produce enough batter in each bowl. I can usaully get an 8 inch or 9 inch cake if i'm lucky so i'm constantly making batter after batter (getting annoying!) I know i need to upgrade but to what?? Found a CuisinArt that i was thinking of purchasing but not sure if i want to jump ship on the KA just yet. I saw that video for the comparison between CA and KA but still not sure what to purchase.

I work in a bakery so we use the commercial grade 80-120 quart mixers, but those are definately not in my budget!

Anybody find one that seems to measure up (size wise in regards to batter quantity)?

Thanksicon_smile.gif

10 replies
mplaidgirl2 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:19am
post #2 of 11

I have the Kitchen Aid Pro with the 6 Quart bowl. Seems to have plenty of room for my needs and it was under $400

http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/11985-kitchenaid-pro-600-stand-mixer.aspx

What size is your mixing bowl?

Cupcations Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:29am
post #3 of 11

I'm guessing you have the 5 quart bowl?
I have the same one & I love it, but the bowls can be a problem sometimes I agree with you.
I'm a KA freak lol so i never tried anything else, I think the largest out there for non commercial use would be the Cuisinart 7 quart, maybe you should try that

http://www.sears.ca/product/cuisinart-12-speed-7-quart-brushed-chrome-model-stand-mixer/611-000037937-SM-70BCC

HTH

cakeRocket Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:32am
post #4 of 11

Yes i have the 5 quart which just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I have been looking at the 7 quart CuisinArt which seems to be a more suitable size but have never purchased a CA so a little hesitant...all i know is KAicon_wink.gif

Cupcations Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:35am
post #5 of 11

Maybe you should post a thread asking for a comparison between both mixers, I'm sure you would find your answer

cakeRocket Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:41am
post #6 of 11

Well i did find the video that was done on You Tube comparing the two (KA 6quart vs. CA 7quart) but all it showed was the machine itself so it helped somewhat, but like everything, it's all a matter of personal preference. I guess you never know untill you try it! Thanks ladiesicon_smile.gif

cakeRocket Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:41am
post #7 of 11

By the way, Cupcations, checked your blog and your cupcakes are stunningicon_smile.gif

Cupcations Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 6:08am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeRocket

By the way, Cupcations, checked your blog and your cupcakes are stunningicon_smile.gif

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

karabeal Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 6:14am
post #9 of 11

I love, love, love my Cuisinart 7 qt mixer. I used to have an Artisan and I can't even imagine going back to it now. I saw my mother-in-law's KA Artisan model this weekend and it looked dinky to me. I can make double WASC recipes no problem. I can make buttercream recipes with 4 lbs of powdered sugar no problem (and no mess because the p.s. isn't at the rim of the bowl waiting to puff out--it stays IN the bowl!). I've even made a double NFSC batch in it. I'm so happy and would never ever go back to the KA Artisan.

decoratingfool Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 6:23am
post #10 of 11

I had a KA for 25 plus years, LOVED it, but after that many years it finally gave up. So i researched for months and went with the cuisinart 7 qt, and it was the best decision i have ever made, HUGE bowl, and i love the timer, i can walk away and know that in a set amount of time it will shut off. I will never look back...

cakeRocket Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 3:43am
post #11 of 11

Hmmm...CA is starting to sound more appealing! Thanks ladiesicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%