How Much Should/does A Cake Decorator Make In Ca.

Business By ayerim979 Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 7:52pm by ayerim979

ayerim979 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 4

Good Afternoon ..... I had a question regarding how much to get paid to decorate cakes.

I have been baking for friends and family for a few years now and I have been recently been asked to come aboard a little baking shop/coffee shop.

They for one do not work with fondant and well threw these little years my work has been getting better and better. (can't post my newest cakes cause I don't have Internet :0(

Anyhow the lady said my job will consist of solely decorating cakes and that she knows working with fondant/gumpaste is a very well paid job. I wouldn't really know because my cakes are usually a given as a gift on my behalf .

She asked me how much did I want (money wise) . I live I Los Angeles Ca and around these neighborhoods there is not one place that makes customize /fondant decorated cakes. It's a middle class neighborhood.

Anyhow any insight will be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
tryingcake Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 4:42am
post #3 of 4

I worked in a couple of grocery store bakeries on Huntington Beach and Long Beach. 10 bucks an hour - that's it. That's why I work for myself. I did learn speed in those places though.

ayerim979 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the imput. I really appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%