When To Put In Flavouring/essence Into Batter?

Decorating By crouton800 Updated 22 Jan 2007 , 1:09am by Derby

crouton800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crouton800 Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!
I know this might sound like a dumb question...but does it make any difference if I put in the essence/flavouring at the last stage? ( ie after creaming butter, sugar, eggs then alternate flour/liquid/flour/liquid/flour) I know recipes always say after eggs then put in the flavouring/essence but in my case, i want to make a strawberry marble cake ( ie. strawberry cake batter marbled with plain vanilla cake). Can i just make the whole vanilla batch of batter then half the batter and put in the strawberry flavouring into the half batch and mix by hand/or slowly by mixer then alternate the two batters in the tin for a marble effect? will the flavouring work differently or taste differently? icon_redface.gif embarassed to ask but i've got to ask someone! icon_lol.gif

Thank you!

3 replies
jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 4

i would make the batter, then split it, then mix the vanilla flavor into the vanilla cake, and the strawberry flavor into the strawberry cake.

crouton800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crouton800 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:04am
post #3 of 4

Hi jmt1714 ,

Thanks for replying back! my computer hung halfway so i thought it didn't process the first time, sori!

thanks again!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:09am
post #4 of 4

I would make the entire batch with vanilla and then add strawberry to the amount that you need. The vanilla will enhance the flavor of the strawberry very well.

Just my opinion....vanilla is good in EVERYTHING!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%