What Percent Do I Give To A Host Bakery?

Baking By Coneyislandbaby Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 12:13am by OneCreativeCookie

Coneyislandbaby Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 3

I recently designed some NYC based themed cookies for a bakery that is established w/approx 500 facebook followers & website @ the owners request. I have been working for her p/t as sales help & we have a good relationship. I would be using her bakery,ingredients & client base...what percentage should I offer her on the cookie orders? I would be the one doing the work making the decorated cookies.

2 replies
MimiFix Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 12:13am
post #2 of 3

Could you please explain more. I don't understand the arrangement,

OneCreativeCookie Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 12:13am
post #3 of 3
Originally Posted by MimiFix

Could you please explain more. I don't understand the arrangement,

I agree, I'm confused. It sounds like you are her employee if you are using her space, her ingredients, her company name and your time. Are the orders coming through you or through her bakery?

If the orders are being sold through her bakery using her overhead (space, electricity, ingredients, *liability insurance*, etc.) then I think you are her employee and you should be paid for your time & talent. Figure out how much time it will take you to produce the cookies (include design, production, packaging, etc.) and then figure out what you want to be paid. She can pay you hourly or by the job - whatever you both find agreeable.

If I've misunderstood the arrangement, I'm happy to rethink my response icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%