Did I Get This Right?

Decorating By sebrina Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 1:18am by bcarb

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:21am
post #1 of 6

I posted a while back asking how to imitate this dress.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58910007@N08/5394355141/

I couldn't find the original thread but, I finished it to night & was looking for a little feed back before I deliver it tomorrow. I have a little time if there are any suggestions.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1969249

TFL & thanks for everyone that gave me advise on this one.

5 replies
bcarb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcarb Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 10:59am
post #2 of 6

I am not an experienced baker, but just from an artistic side, I think the bodice needs something. The cake is very very beautiful, but your eyes go directly to breast area, so maybe adding some detail to bring your eyes to the waist or neck area would be more flattering overall.
Hope that makes sense.

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 11:08am
post #3 of 6

I looks awesome! I think its just how the picture was taken, I think that maybe next time you should add diamond like dragges and it would stand out more.

sebrina Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much! I would agree about the bodice. Any suggestions on what else to do to the bodice? I don't have any dragees that would work. I have to order them & it is for today, of course. Any other suggestions?

sebrina Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 6

Ok, I did the best I could with it. And I added some more pictures of the new bodice. Hopefully it is good enough now! icon_rolleyes.gif

bcarb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcarb Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 1:18am
post #6 of 6

I'm unable to pull up your new pics, but I'm sure that they are nice. Sorry, I didn't have any ideas for you. A delicate necklace might have worked, but could have easily also wrecked the nice lines you had if it was too bulky.

Either way it was a pretty awesome cake. Nice job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%