New Cake Ideas?

Decorating By chenya Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 6:44pm by smallville187

chenya Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:45am
post #1 of 7

Anyone ever try making a no bake cookie cake? My favorite cookie is the no bake and thought how cool would it be if it were a cake too. icon_lol.gif I did a search but couldn't find anything close. Any ideas if this is possible?

6 replies
crp7 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:02am
post #2 of 7

I would think you could pour the mixture into a pan lined with wax paper or parchment than just smooth it out as evenly as possible.

Yum!

chenya Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 7

I've done that. It's just easier for me to make bars instead of cookies. I'm less apt to eat it before it sets. icon_lol.gif

chefjess819 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 7

i feel a little behind now...it never crossed my mind to make these as a bar instead of drop cookies. *smacks forehead* i may have to incorporate this somehow into my hubbies cake...got my wheels turning now... icon_cool.gif

awatterson Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 7

I can't imagine that it would hold up as a cake, but it sure would be yummy! If you do it, let us know how it turns out.

caymancake Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 7

Perhaps if you used a spring form pan...it might be easier to shape the cake and get it decorated?

smallville187 Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 7

you could also let it set in the same size pan you would your cake and then use it in the middle of a cake like a filling. I've done that with baked and no bake cookies. Chocolate Chip and White Cake was a big hit at family birthday parties.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%