Make Large Quanities Of Cake Pops?

Decorating By bulldogmom Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm by leily

bulldogmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:33am
post #1 of 10

Making large quantities of cake pops and need to do it fast? I'm loving this tool!

icon_biggrin.gif http://heavenlycakepops.com/?page_id=386

9 replies
cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:48am
post #2 of 10

this is really cool!! A little costly, but wow!

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:53am
post #3 of 10

The time it saves and the blister on my hand say the cost is worth it when I'm making 200 pops!

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 4:56am
post #4 of 10

You better be making alot to justify the $$$$$. Do you have one? I was wondering what kind of cake they were using, all that rolling seems like you would end up with a bunch of crumbs.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:02am
post #5 of 10

crumbcake, its only on presale now so no one will actually have it until about may. and when making cake pops, adding the icing makes it a super moist mixture with minimal crumb =D

bulldogmom Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:09am
post #6 of 10

I've ordered it and wished I had it this past weekend. 200 pops for a wedding led to blister from my meatballer tool. thumbsdown.gif

This tool will save me so much time and physical discomfort! icon_biggrin.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 5:43am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_architect

crumbcake, its only on presale now so no one will actually have it until about may. and when making cake pops, adding the icing makes it a super moist mixture with minimal crumb =D

It also can make it too sweet. Cake that's been compressed and kneaded to cookie dough texture is far richer, moist, more dense and easier to make consistent rolls. I sure could have used a tool like this one at the bakery I worked for. I just used a meatballer to portion and then rolled them smooth.
We did over 1500 (125 dozen) the two weeks before Christmas a couple of years ago and boy were my hands raw...even with gloves and tape around the meatballer handle!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:52am
post #8 of 10

There's a bead roller at Michaels in the clay section that's very similar to this. Much smaller, though. I thought it looks useful for fondant pearls.

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 2:02pm
post #9 of 10

WOW!! Wish I had the $$ to buy one.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm
post #10 of 10

I don't do cake balls, but i'm wondering if it would work well with some of my cookie recipes. As others mentioned, using the scoop and squeezing can cause some fun blisters on my hands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%