Newbie... Making My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By Christine999 Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 2:34pm by Christine999

Christine999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine999 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 4

I'm a newbie baker and I have a bride (an old friend) coming over on Sunday to discuss what she would like for her wedding cake. I am sure there are a million threads on here for the questions I have, however, after browsing for what seems like forever, I can't seem to get to the right place. So, I was wondering if any of you lovely bakers could guide me in the right direction.
I am looking to know what size of cake I should suggest based on how many people she intends on serving, any guidelines would really help.
Also, the wedding is in June, and here in Ottawa, it gets really hot in June. Any suggestions that you have so that I don't show up with a cake covered in fondant on the wedding day and have it melt?? She is getting married outside.
Thank you all so very much in advance for any help or guidance in the right direction to find answers. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 1:28am
post #3 of 4

Make sure it is fondant and kept inside as long as possible and in the shade when it is outside. It is also smart if they don't wait too long before cutting the cake. This is all I know I have only done 2 wedding cakes the first was last July in Reno Nevada (stinking hot) I started the car and air conditioning to cool the car down before I brought out the cake, before the 90 min drive.hth

Christine999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christine999 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both very much, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%