Re Due Or Not

Decorating By graciesj Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 12:15am by graciesj

graciesj Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 7

I made a cake for a new costumer a few months ago and still feel guilty about it. She requested a red velvet with your cream cheese filling and covered in BC and fondant.
Now I never made a RDV cake before and told her that. But I still feel like crap. I know the cake wasn't what she expected. How do I know this? Well, she didn't call or write me on my fbpage she did even worse. NOTHING. no, call back or anything.
So my question to you experienced ladies is should I re bake one for her, just because? or leave it alone?
If you go to my photos it's the MJ shoe/box. thank-you

6 replies
KathysCC Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 7

That is an awesome cake. People who receive cakes sometimes don't give us the feedback we would like. That doesn't mean they didn't like they cake. We are expecting praise and thank you's but they might not have the time or aren't the kind of people who ooo and ahhh over a cake. Don't sell yourself short. That is a cake to be proud of and you make very lovely cakes. Just let it go. I'm guessing that she would be confused if you made her a "just because" cake.

Kitagrl Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:09am
post #3 of 7

I don't always get feedback. Sometimes I might get feedback months later after the fact...sometimes not at all. Sometimes even in huge cakes I worked very hard on, I do not get any feedback...or maybe extremely delayed feedback.

I've gotten to where I don't worry about it...usually no news is good news! If they are going to complain, they're going to call you the day after the party to tell you how upset they are.

graciesj Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:10am
post #4 of 7

Thank-you very muchicon_smile.gif My husband says the same thing, just let it go. I just think it's polite to give feed back. But where I'm from, where the competition is high, it's discouraging to us bakers/creators not to get the ooo's and aaaah's, right!
I hear ya though. I'll let it goicon_smile.gif thank-you

graciesj Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:12am
post #5 of 7

[quote="Kitagrl"]I don't always get feedback. Sometimes I might get feedback months later after the fact...sometimes not at all. Sometimes even in huge cakes I worked very hard on, I do not get any feedback...or maybe extremely delayed feedback.

I've gotten to where I don't worry about it...usually no news is good news! If they are going to complain, they're going to call you the day after the party to tell you how upset they are.[/quote]

you know what you're right. It's so true in this business we don't get the recognition we deserve. But you know what it's so worth iticon_smile.gif seeing their smiles when they receive the cake. thank-you and let's all keep our heads upicon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:13am
post #6 of 7

I mean...think about it....when we order a big bouquet of flowers for somebody...we don't call the florist back and praise them on how lovely the work was....

Its always great when people think to do it....they don't always...and that's okay!!!! You'll probably still get some good word of mouth business from it!

graciesj Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:15am
post #7 of 7

yep you're correct again. Word of mouth is the best advertising tool there is! thank-you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%