Accepting Payments/contracts Online?

Business By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 12:45pm by scp1127

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,

Generally, I meet with a customer and have them fill out order form/sign contract/pay deposit in person.
I've recently had a few inquiries from potential customers asking if they were to pay via Paypal.

I'm thinking this may be a good idea. I would save time and $$ by not having to physically meet with someone. I have children and wouldn't have to worry about finding a sitter for them. I'm more concerned about the contract though....how can I successfully accomplish this?

4 replies
scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 11:49am
post #2 of 5

My web designer set mine up. My entire business is paid online. I started gathering information about different way to accept payment online. I took it to my web designer and she set it up at a rediculously lower rate than the rates I got, some from the same places. She also designed the order page.

leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 5

I have a handful of brides or others customers that can never make it in for a consultation. I bill them through Paypal, they pay, I email a contract, indicating where they need to initial and sign. They print, and snail mail it back to me. Simple.

platinumlady Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 5

PayPal is really easy to set up and use. I use this as method of pay for everything right now because I take payment in full 1st before I make the orders. This works for me because I'm in the beginning stage of my business and I get the supplies for that order with payment. I have it set to where it does not accept checks. on US currency. I meet most of my customers on FB & through referrals So many times the first time I'm meeting the customer is when I deliver the cake or they pick it up. As I grow & have more money saved I will start accepting cash, mo, cashier checks...but for now I don't have to worry about them not having the money when I get there or having a check bounce

& like leah_s said if they can't meet with you, you can still do the order

scp1127 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 5

My husband has a business in town. If someone wants to pay cash, I can arrange it. So far I haven't needed it. Check policy is that it must clear. I haven't used that yet either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%