Airbrush Vs. Printer

Decorating By sunnyca Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 1:12am by sunnyca

sunnyca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnyca Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 7

Hello All, I have budget to either buy a airbrush or a printer with edible ink , what would you suggest as more useful based on your personal experience.

Thanks

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 7

Think back to past cakes, which one did you wish you had more? It'll depend on your type/style of cakes.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 7

I use my airbrush for literally every cake.....I bought and spent over $400.00 on a Edible Image printer,inks,paper etc and within 5 months it was leaking and wrecked everything.I threw it all out...I have had my airbrush for 8 years...Not one issue.I would never invest in a EI system again....I would invest in the airbrush..once you play with it and find out what it can do...they are fantastic!!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 7

Wouldn't do without my airbrush, never ever. I have tons of fun with it and use it for almost all my cakes!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 7

I've had my EI printer for a few years and have used it on a fair amount of cakes. Even if you aren't using the EI's on YOUR cakes, you can always sell images on Ebay or something of the sort.
As far as the airbrush goes, I've had mine for a few weeks and have only tested it. However, I can already tell I will be able to find ways to use it with upcoming cake designs. I'm excited!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 7

I use both about the same amount and like both equally. I haven't had any problems with either of them.

sunnyca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnyca Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 1:12am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for spending the time and giving your input! I think I'll get an airbrush first and later invest in a printer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%