Confirming Tasting Consults

Business By Kitagrl Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 6:15pm by Kitagrl

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 3

So I had a tasting consult this Saturday. Wrote the lady on Wednesday to confirm...no reply. So called today and she was like "Oh, well, I never heard any confirmation from you so I just scheduled something else instead. Can I reschedule next week?"

Since she "did not get" my email, I went ahead and allowed it this one time (I have since changed my rules on tastings anyway). Luckily I had not worked on her tasting yet.

I did inform her I did email her a confirmation.... and just because she did not get an email from me did NOT mean the consult was then to be disregarded...we had set a time and date and place and everything. I informed her that when we set up the consult, that WAS the confirmation. I told her that just because she didn't get my email didn't mean it was cancelled. Oh well. She didn't seem apologetic and seemed like it was my fault but still wanted me to do the tasting next week.

Hmmm it just crossed my mind she probably lied actually, because she probably forgot and scheduled something in its place and then tried to turn it on me. Had I thought of that during the phone call, I'd not have accepted the new tasting. Grr.

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 3

No matter how long you are in business, someone will always think up a new way to screw up your day.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

No matter how long you are in business, someone will always think up a new way to screw up your day.

LOL...too true!!!!

Had a lady one time that called me for a cake. Found out the date, and I was booked. So sent her to a good friend of mine.

Lady called my friend and got the price. Price was too high so she told my friend that I was only going to charge her $xx. Funny thing, I had never gotten around to discussing money, and the other funny thing is my friend knows my rates and knew it was a lie.

Crazy people. Hate when people lie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%