Using Crisco For Pans!!

Baking By jenscreativity Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 6:27pm by Decorating_Alma

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 4:32am
post #1 of 3

Thanks to Indeby for her advice..A week ago was a topic on what to use for pans so cake don't get fried on the sides, and comes out easy from pan! Well, today, I baked 2 sheets of cake , in DARK pans, and used only crisco on a papertowel and put a little flour in to coat the pan,,and OMGOSH! NO MORE BUYING CANNED SPRAYS!! It's money down the drain! My cakes came out beautiful and sooo easy! Just like the old days,,ages ago,,people used crisco and flour to coat pan..and it really would save a lot of money from buying the cans. No need to mix anything or buy cans anymore..It's soo exciting to do things that save money,,and practically takes really no time to do, especially with gas prices being so dang high and economy being crazy.

Just wanted to share the ease of life you can have..while saving pennies.

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 4:51am
post #2 of 3

That's great. I use the homemade cake release (equal parts flour, crisco and oil) because the sprays made my cakes crusty. Prior to the sprays I was raised on the crisco and flour and it never failed. I just like the cake release because I paint it on and there is no messicon_smile.gif doesn't going back to the 'old' way make you smileicon_smile.gif Our grandmas knew what they were doing.

Decorating_Alma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Decorating_Alma Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

That's great. I use the homemade cake release (equal parts flour, crisco and oil) because the sprays made my cakes crusty. Prior to the sprays I was raised on the crisco and flour and it never failed. I just like the cake release because I paint it on and there is no messicon_smile.gif doesn't going back to the 'old' way make you smileicon_smile.gif Our grandmas knew what they were doing.

This is interesting sillywabbitz. Can you keep any left over of this receipe of "equal parts flour, crisco and oil" in a container to be used for later? Or do you only make what you need for the particular cake you are about to bake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%